Saturday, March 04, 2006

Connectedness in Social Networks


Over the past few years there are signs of widely agreed model for how information can best be connected, managed, and displayed. The umbrella name for this effort is the Semantic Web. There's an original Roadmap document by Tim Berners-Lee here, and a more recent Introduction here.
After many years in the wilderness there are now a few commercial products that show the power of this approach. I am shamelessly prepared to state that the company I am currently working for, Entopia, offers best-of-breed solutions in this space. It is very gratifying to hear prospective customers ask us if our demonstrations are "real" - because the results truly seem like magic! (see "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic")

Which reminds me - now that I've seen the semantic web I really hate keywords... More on this below.

No comments: